L.L. Beazley is committed in establishing and safeguarding the right to a quality education for all. We are committed to meeting the individual needs of each child, thereby ensuring that each student is a successful learner.
The mission of L.L. Beazley Elementary School, in partnership with the community, is to provide a quality educational program in a safe environment, to assist each student in reaching his/her potential, and to prepare students to be responsible, productive citizens in a diverse and ever-changing society. This belief is guided by several principles which include the following:
We provide a quality education in a safe environment
We are committed to understanding and meeting the needs of our school community
We trust and respect each individual so that all may experience pride and joy in their work
We are committed to continuous improvement.
We believe that students and staff have a right to a safe learning environment.
- We believe that cohesiveness among school, parents, businesses, organizations, and the community enhances quality education.
- We believe that the schools and the community mutually benefit from the exchange of resources.
- We believe that all students can learn and deserve a quality education that promotes high academic standards.
- We believe that education is a sound investment in our future as we prepare each individual child to be a responsible member in the future workforce and in an everchanging society.
- We believe that understanding and respect for diversity are essential to being a productive member of society.
- As a school, we believe that we hold the responsibility to ensure that each individual child reaches his/her educational potential.
National Blue Ribbon School.
L. L. Beazley is a National Blue Ribbon School. Since 1982, the National Blue Ribbon Schools Program recognizes public and private elementary, middle, and high schools based on their overall academic excellence or their progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups. Every year the U. S. Department of Education seeks out and celebrates great American schools, schools demonstrating that all students can achieve to high levels. More than 7,500 of schools across the country have been presented with this coveted award. The National Blue Ribbon School award affirms the hard work of students, educators, families, and communities in creating safe and welcoming schools where students master challenging content. The National Blue Ribbon School flag gracing an entry or flying overhead is a widely recognized symbol of exemplary teaching and learning. Read more about the National Blue Ribbon Awards Program here.
Virginia Purple Star Designation
The Virginia Purple Star Designation is awarded to military-friendly schools that have demonstrated a major commitment to students and families connected to our nation’s military.
October 2019, the Virginia Council on the Interstate Compact for Military Children approved awarding Purple Star Designation to L. L. Beazley Elementary School for their excellence in supporting military connected children and their families.